Senior Data Scientist (AI projects)
We are a small team in a big company, mainly adopting agile methodology. We provide Data Science solutions for internal customers inside Deutsche Telekom. Our skills and solutions are continually in high demand. Therefore, we want to increase size of our team with additional technical people that know how to process and analyse data so we can serve and satisfy needs of even more customers.
We are looking for somebody who can work independently, create working solutions quickly, creatively come up with new ideas, but also knows how to use and where to look for existing solutions. Our project members are also situated in Germany, Slovakia or Romania so videoconferencing is the daily standard.
Your main tasks:
- You will be analysing and visualizing data in Python to provide business insights for internal customers of the Deutsche Telekom group
- You will prepare training & evaluation pipelines and apply state of the art Machine Learning approaches to improve processes in Finance (Controlling, Treasury, Accounting), Procurement, HR and others
- You will be responsible for technical part in your projects designing & implementing prototypes of innovative applications in Python. Our usual projects are in the areas of Time Series, NLP, Classification, Visualisation
- You will cooperate with business side including your active contribution in customer workshops, meetings and calls so the ability to explain technical points to business colleagues is crucial part of this job
- You will participate in team brainstorming sessions, code reviews and pair programming sessions
- Depending on the use case, you will have the opportunity to work with a variety of tools and technologies like SAP, Scikit-learn, Keras, Spacy, Docker, Kubernetes, Flask or Tesseract and BI dashboarding tools like MicroStrategy, Qlik, Tableau, ... knowledge of those is helpful
- You will have the chance to identify possible use cases for automation and data science, innovative ideas are welcome
- Because we care for your personal growth and development, we offer paid online and offline trainings, reading material and more
- Fluent English, ideally also Czech and/or German
- Education in IT field, at least 2 or 3 years of working experience in Data Science projects, preferably in Time Series forecasting and/or Natural Language Processing
- You are good at coding in Python
- We work with Jupyter Notebook, SAP and SAP HANA studio, experience with these tools is more than welcome
- You follow current trends in Technology and Data Science
- You are aware of and willing to apply Agile methodology (Scrum, XP, Kanban etc.)
- IT area sounds good to you, but business process management is something that seems to be interesting too (Financial Controlling, Procurement, Human Resources experience)
- You are not afraid to ask questions when something is not clear or point out when something seems inefficient to you
- You are an analytical thinker, have an affinity for structure, grasp things fast and work systematically
- You are a team player, open to international environment and can travel occasionally within Europe
What will you gain:
- annual financial bonus
- extra week of holiday (25 days/year), 2 sick days, 1 day off for volunteering
- flexible working hours
- pension plan contribution
- free refreshment (water, coffee, tea, milk and fruits available in the office)
- company mobile phone and laptop
- meal vouchers in the amount of 100 CZK per working day
- a bunch of Benefits (Cafeteria Plan, Multisport Card, Makro Card)
- family program with T-Mobile (discounts for employee’s family members and friends)
- training and qualification opportunities (access to the internal learning HUB)
- personal development (career path, job rotation, Bring your own Project)
- involvement in various activities supporting charity organization (Flea markets, volunteering days, food collections)
- Are you coming from abroad? We have prepared a relocation package for you!
- we love our job, but we also know how to relax and play (yoga, stretching, football, massages, relaxation zones)
- and we also know how to spend time together (brunches, Health Day, summer and Xmas events..)
Does this job offer sound good to you? Apply and send us your CV in English.
We are looking forward to you!
As a part of Deutsche Telekom Group, we ensure not only work-life balance and international career opportunities but also personal development opportunities. We support all individuals in their performance, development and growth. We offer a variety of trainings, qualifications and e-learning activities to actively support rising of common expertise.
Information about the vacancy
Holandská 859/3, 639 00 Brno-Štýřice, Czech Republic
Type of employment
Duration of employment
Bonuses, cell phone, discount on company products / services, notebook, contributions to the pension / life insurance, flexible start/end of working hours, meal tickets / catering allowance, holidays 5 weeks, educational courses, training, cafeteria, refreshments on workplace, contribution to sport / culture / leisure, sick days, occasional work from home, corporate events
Secondary education or professional training with a school-leaving exam
Deutsche Telekom Services Europe Czech Republic s.r.o.