Deutsche Telekom Services Europe is an internal services provider of Deutsche Telekom, one of the world's leading integrated telecommunications companies.
We feel as much at home in the cosy middle of Europe, Brno, as we do in other 9 European locations. Our shared mission is to put priority on customer satisfaction, quality and innovations in areas of finance and procurement services.
We are on our way to become industry's top service company and we want you to be a part of the success story! Apply now and design with us the world of tomorrow.
General Ledger Supervisor
The company is growing and our General Ledger team as well! Would you like to move your career and become our new Supervisor? We are looking for a colleague with working experince in GL and ability to take care of a small team.
As member of the international general ledger department, you have the opportunity to support your GL subteam (the whole GL team is divided into smaller sections) monitor and control all activities and projects which relate to your team. On top of that, you will be responsible for Experts & Senior Experts in your subteam and you will also be a backup for the Team Leader.
Do not miss the chance and apply, we are looking forward to meeting you!
Which challenges are expecting you:
- be responsible for your GL subteam in Brno
- execute / monitor General Ledger postings in SAP FI and monitor several accountants in their daily business
- ensure the quality of the GL team onside and act as a point of contact for the German based department leader on demand
- stabilize transferred activities with a focus on quality
- support the development of training material and conduction of in-house-training for staff, take a part in the recruitment process of new team members
- lead regular team meetings and conduct 1 to 1 meetings with the team members
- attend regular customer calls and be the first point of operational contact for the customer
- prepare audit schedules and assist the auditors in their inquiries
- act as backup for the Team Leader
- advanced English and ideally also Polish or Czech
- university degree or equivalent vocational qualification / MBA
- previous leadership experience is a plus
- several years of professional experience in the area of financial accounting with IFRS focus
- very good IFRS knowledge
- Polish / Czech GAAP know-how is a plus
- good knowledge of SAP Finance and Accounting Modules, knowledge of MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint)
- project & process management experience is a plus, preferably in international transition projects
- excellent communication, presentation and moderation skills
- strong team player approach with enthusiasm for international environment and occasional travelling within Europe
What will you gain:
- annual financial bonus
- extra week of holiday (25 days/year), 2 sick days, 1 day off for volunteering
- flexible working hours
- pension plan contribution
- free refreshment (water, coffee, tea, milk and fruits available in the office)
- company mobile phone and laptop
- meal vouchers in the amount of 100 CZK per working day
- a bunch of Benefits (Cafeteria Plan, Multisport Card, Makro Card)
- family program with T-Mobile (50% discount for employee’s family members)
- training and qualification opportunities (access to the internal learning HUB)
- personal development (career path, job rotation, Bring your own Project)
- involvement in various activities supporting charity organization (Flea markets, volunteering days, food collections)
- Are you coming from abroad? We have prepared a relocation package for you!
- we love our job, but we also know how to relax and play (yoga, stretching, football, massages, relaxation zones)
- and we also know how to spend time together (brunches, Health Day, summer and Xmas events,...)
As a part of Deutsche Telekom Group, we ensure not only work-life balance and international career opportunities but also personal development opportunities. We support all individuals in their performance, development and growth. We offer a variety of trainings, qualifications and e-learning activities to actively support rising of common expertise.
Information about the vacancy
Holandská 859/3, 639 00 Brno-Štýřice, Czech Republic
Type of employment
Duration of employment
Deutsche Telekom Services Europe Czech Republic s.r.o.
ContactDeutsche Telekom Services Europe Czech Republic s.r.o.